I am a member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC). The BAcC is the main body representing Acupuncturists in the UK) `www.acupuncture.org.uk and practise according to the BAcC professional standards for Acupuncturists.
Membership demonstrates that:
- I have completed a degree in traditional Acupuncture including substantial elements of western anatomy, physiology and pathology
- I record all relevant details of your health condition and your medical history before treatment commences. Occasionally, based on this information, I may refer you to your GP or another professional for further investigation or medical treatment.
- All information you share is kept completely confidential.
- I use only sterile single-use needles which are safely disposed of after your treatment
- All treatments are carried out in accordance with exemplary professional standards developed by the British Acupuncture Council and detailed in the BAcC Codes of Safe Practice and of Professional Conduct.
- The treatment room and all equipment conform to standards laid out in the BAcC Code of Safe Practice and have also been approved by local authority environmental health officers.
- I have full medical malpractice and public/product liability insurance cover.
- I work to the Code of Safe Practise and Code of Professional Conduct defined by the British Acupuncture Council.